Wednesday 1 July 2009

In The Navy

I have to say that I am very proud of my most recent "creation".
-
My inspiration for this outfit was a dress I saw in New Look but after seeing that it cost £25 I was majorly put off and decided I could possibly make a similar version myself.

-
I got myself some navy and white striped jersey material as well as some plain navy jersey. I planned to make a bodycon style strapless dress out of the striped material and a mid waisted skirt out of the navy, this meant I could wear the striped dress on its own with a chunky belt or shorts or something. The final outfit turned out like this:

(apologies for lack of make up, odd hair and weird weird toes lol)
-
I have to say a lot of the making of was guess work using some of my clothes which I already owned as patterns adding seam allowances and it didn't help that my sewing machine was having a major strop during the making, so a lot of the stitching is bad and wonky but you cant really see that on the final piece......and who looks that close when your wearing something anyway.
-


-

-

I teamed the dress and skirt with a little navy and gold clinch belt from New Look, a pair of navy flip flops, a big chunky silver bangle and a little gold bag. The event I was at was a little wrong for this outfit as it was my 8year old cousin's birthday party but I just had to wear this outfit as it was lovely and sunny and i had only finished it that morning - lol!
-

-
I am looking forward to wearing this outfit again and I plan to take it along to a proper photo shoot which my mum and myself are having this Friday. I would really like some snazzy shoots of it as I did make it on my own and am very happy about its outcome :D
-
Kellie x

No comments: